Friday, May 22, 2015
Friday, May 8, 2015
Monday, May 4, 2015
Now that my group and I have completely finished building an arm for the hexahedron challenge, we will begin creating a new design for the endo-factor for the arm. Even though this may seem to be an easy task, their is much more to it then one thinks. We have to find a design that will allow us to easily pick up these objects, while also being able to remove them from our bot quickly as well. I believe that the key to this task is simplicity. I believe we need to find an endo-factor that is efficient yet simple. My team and I predict that we will be done with this part of the challenge by the end of the week.
Friday, April 24, 2015
My partners and I decided to focus on finishing and further improving the arm. We built our first model or rough draft at the beginning of the week and later ran various tests with it. When we discovered the issues, such as the speed of the arm, the endo-factors ability to pick up the tetrahedrons, and figuring out how to counter balance the entire square-bot so it wouldn't tip over, we knew we would have to recreate the arm entirely. We have now finished what we think is our final design today, after various sets of testing we will begin to focus once again on the autonomous portion of the challenge.
Monday, April 20, 2015
We returned today committed to the idea of building, mounting, and programming the arm. after fixing and making changes in the former arm, we got a binder and began to programming the arm to the remote. After we program the arm we will go back and once again try to program autonomous. we are still having issues with concluding the autonomous route and many people who usually help us are not present today and we do not fully comprehend the instructions with the binder. If we can program the arm and autonomous by the end of the week my group and I are still able to keep on track and begin with the tetrahedron challenge.